When 20/20 Eyesight is not enough.
Adults who suffer from Eye-Strain, Headaches, Double Vision, Vision-induced fatigue, Computer Syndrome & Motion Sickness could benefit from a Consultation and Evaluation with Dr. Haleo.
21st century life demands more from our vision than ever before. 20/20 eyesight is not enough. Many adults constantly use their near vision at work, home and during sports This requires efficient use of the two eyes as a team not just good eyesight.
Environmental stresses on the visual system including excessive computer use or close work can induce blurred vision, eyestrain and headaches due to an inability to sustain binocular endurance (the endurance to use both eyes, simultaneously over time).
We’ve helped thousands of adults in the relief of these symptoms and in the more effective use of the eyes during sustained close work.
We work with the most complex cases of vision problems in adults whether they have resulted from an unresolved vision problem, head injury, stroke or just not being able to concentrate on the things they used to. Many under-developed vision skills take their toll on our ability to work efficiently or perform at our peak.
During your comprehensive evaluation and vision assessment, Dr. Haleo will evaluate the aspects of your vision that most others don’t. A thorough binocular vision assessment includes four major components:
- Visual skills, or the mechanics of how efficiently you are able to use your eyes to acquire and sustain visual focus, eye coordination and eye movements.
- Visual perceptual abilities, or how your brain interprets the visual information it receives from the eyes; such as visual imagery, visual memory, visual closure and problem solving.
- Neurological assessment of the working of your eyes, pupil, optic nerve and cranial nerves that communicate the eyes with the brain.
- Ocular health evaluation, making sure your eyes are free from disease of cataracts; glaucoma; retinal degeneration.
Vision Habilitation and Neuro-Optometric Vision Rehabilitation are unique forms of treatment that are physician formulated to allow the eyes and the brain to communicate and work more efficiently together. Adults who undergo treatment for visual deficits often report the benefits of:
- increased concentration
- improved comprehension
- increase in self-awareness and self-confidence
- improved work successes
- improved balance
- reduced motion sickness
- improved sports performance!